Sunday, October 4, 2009

How I See It... Part I


A few weeks ago, I arrived at the office to find a beautifully drawn mural on our office white board. "How, cute!" I thought, as little Traci had drawn portraits of our staff.

On further inspection of the pictures, I realized the detail and differences she included on everyone's portraits. For example, she included facial hair on her dad (and it looks like some horns too... :) ), gave Bo freckles, and drew Ashley with some serious earrings. It all seemed to make sense, except for the picture of the bunny towards the bottom. "I wonder why she drew herself as a bunny?" I contemplated. I didn't have to wait long to find out...

After school she and Janet came by the office:
Me: "Hey, Traci! I loved your picture up in the office!"
Traci: "Thanks."
Me: "Can you just explain one thing to me...why did you draw yourself as a bunny?"
T: (stares at me in confusion) "That bunny isn't me... It's you!"
Me: (should I be offended?) Why am I a bunny?
T: Well because you look like one, of course!
Me: What about me looks like a bunny?
T: Well, your nose. OH, and you have a bunny mouth.

No comments: