Last Sunday night, our church hosted a healing night. I had the privilege of working with the kids during this time. I asked the kids what the adults were doing in the other room. They said, "Praising Jesus and healing people."(haha, so cute!)
I asked them what they thought God wanted to heal. They waited on God and got to draw a picture of what they heard God saying. Yes, many of the little ones just drew squiggles or flowers and rainbows, but I at least wanted them to get use to expecting to hear God speak to them in a picture. I don't know what I expected from this activity, but I was definitely surprised as I walked around looking at everyone's pictures : at least 3 of the kids had drawn a picture of a heart. When I asked them why they drew that, they indicated they thought God wanted to heal someone's broken heart.
I peeked into the service to see if there was a way the kids could share their word of knowledge. Unfortunately (of fortunately!) they were all too busy administering healing to one another (Yay God!) that there was not time to incorporate this word of knowledge. I walked away still feeling proud of the kids for waiting on God. When I was dialoging about our miraculous kids with a friend the next day, she told me, "That's awesome because we prayed for someone that night with a broken heart and she got better!" Way to hear God, little friends!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment