Last month I officially finished Church Planting school! My team and I went on a two week outreach to visit church plants in both San Diego and Chicago. As pictured on the right, we were able to enjoy some local cuisine: Chicago style deep dish pizza.
What is CHURCH PLANTING, you ask?
Wikipedia says, "Church planting is a process that results in a new Christian church being established. It should be distinguished from church development, where a new service, new worship centre or fresh expression is created that is integrated into an already established congregation. For a church to be planted, it must eventually have a separate life of its own and be able to function without its parent body, even if it continues to stay in relationship denominationally or through being part of a network."
We were able to glean information from seasoned veterans on the field so that we could be better equipped to establish a church in Norman. Since I will be starting up the children's ministry at our church, I was able to see what each of the two church plants have planned for their kids. It has provided me with a great start and I look forward to beginning in Norman!
No comments:
Post a Comment