Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Church Planting School Begins!

Hello friends and family!

I wanted to keep you updated on what is happening in my life here in Waco.

As you hopefully know, I am currently a student in the Church Planting school at my church here in Waco. It is only the second week of class, and already I feel like a different person than when class began.

Last year, I was a student at the discipleship school at church called Elevate. All year, we worked on character issues, stepping out in ministry, learning about the Word of God, learning to hear God, and growing in our relationship with Him. At times, it felt like we were put in a box or made to conform to specific ways or patterns of behavior. Looking back on last years school, I am so thankful for that box! I feel, in fact, that the guidelines we had to follow and the rules that at times felt restricting actually enable me now to enjoy and incorporate these practices into a disciplined life.

This year, our personal issues having been dealt with in Elevate, the emphasis is on how to minister to others and gather people into a church body. It has already been awesome! While I have been learning so much, I have also begun to prepare for the work that we will be doing in Norman.

In March, my team and I will be moving to Norman, OK to plant a church. In the beginning I will serve as the children's pastor as well as help out with church administration. I feel so unequipped on how to do these jobs! The Church Planting School staff has been so great about helping me learn about each of these roles and how to do them.

I am so excited for all that is in store and thankful to have you on this journey with me.

No comments: