Monday, April 6, 2009

Kids Community

This past weekend was not only a work day for getting our facility ready for service launch, but we hosted our final VISION RALLY. We asked our friends to bring people who might be interested in Antioch to give them the opportunity to hear what we are all about.

Meanwhile, the kids and I did a lesson adapted from Jesus washing the disciples feet.

We had a time of worship and a time of listening to God. I had the kids listen to a song and draw a picture of what they thought God was saying.

Kooper (pictured with me and a giant spider) saw a picture of clouds lined in gold and silver. I asked him what he thought that meant. He said God was reminding him of the promises of heaven: where the streets are lined with gold.

You know, that might be a 6 year-old's interpretation of what God said to him, but it sure spoke to me! I think I often need to be reminded about the good things God has promised to us; we have a glorious future and a wonderful hope when we follow Jesus.

2 comments:

Short n Simple said...

Woah! That's awesome! Can't wait to come!!

Sheryl said...

Yeah, that is incredible!!!